Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fevola

Saintersss wrote:I know his attitude sucks, and he is a cancer, blah blah blah. But he is the only decent player that we will be able to get without giving up a first 22 player.

I also believe that if he plays with the club he loves and comes back to Melbourne, his attitude may improve.

Lets face it, if the pain of last year couldn't motivate the players, what is this year going to do. I wasn't big for radical changes after the pain of last year, but I believe we need to do something big in this off season.

*Provided Brisbane pay part of his salary cap, so that we can fit him in.

Kosi to the ruck, Gardiner to retire (with the new interchange rules, we just can't carry Gardiner only playing 50% of gametime)
If we recruit Fev, I will burn my membership and never watch another St Kilda game. I would rather lose another GF.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Surely people are actually joking when mentioning Fev. By the way to those who are serious, and i hope none are, how do we fit another 900K into the salary cap. Brisbane may take some but they arent taking more than half.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Tom_Sainter wrote:
jroberts:) wrote:Risky :?
I think risk is required
Why? We've got some kids to try, one's who aren't cancer off-field and selfish wankers on it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Tom_Sainter wrote:
jroberts:) wrote:Risky :?
I think risk is required
Why? We've got some kids to try, one's who aren't cancer off-field and selfish wankers on it.
Can anyone serioisly imagine Kosi, Milne and the Fevolution in the same forward line. It would provide good laugh value for the socail club while drinking a couple of pots. Lets recruit Aka while were at it.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmm....

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Can anyone serioisly imagine Kosi, Milne and the Fevolution in the same forward line. It would provide good laugh value for the socail club while drinking a couple of pots. Lets recruit Aka while were at it.
The point of getting an actual full forward would be so we don't have the liability that is Kosi constantly lumbering around the forward line 15m behind his opponent. Kosi is strictly a backup ruckman/pinch hitting forward now, we can not rely on him as a permanent target.

If we had another reliable goalkicker at FF then Roo would get less attention, he could push up the ground more to help the defence and our midfield would be more confident bringing the ball in quickly.

FF - 80 goals
Riewoldt - 50
Milne - 45
Schneider - 30
Goddard - 25
Montagna/Gram/Gilbert/Dal Santo/Steven/Gardiner/Koschitzke/Armitage 10+

= Flag

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Can anyone serioisly imagine Kosi, Milne and the Fevolution in the same forward line. It would provide good laugh value for the socail club while drinking a couple of pots. Lets recruit Aka while were at it.
The point of getting an actual full forward would be so we don't have the liability that is Kosi constantly lumbering around the forward line 15m behind his opponent. Kosi is strictly a backup ruckman/pinch hitting forward now, we can not rely on him as a permanent target.

If we had another reliable goalkicker at FF then Roo would get less attention, he could push up the ground more to help the defence and our midfield would be more confident bringing the ball in quickly.

FF - 80 goals
Riewoldt - 50
Milne - 45
Schneider - 30
Goddard - 25
Montagna/Gram/Gilbert/Dal Santo/Steven/Gardiner/Koschitzke/Armitage 10+

= Flag
So are you saying you want Fev in a St Kilda jumper next year?

stevie
Saintsational Legend

50-50 on this idea. If we had've gotten him last year, he could've made the difference. I know he had to get out of town after the Brownlow s*** but..

Once the lions started losing every week, it made it harder for him to get a kick, let alone kick a bag of goals. So the presssure built up on him and the team, and they cracked in the end.

He would be a worth a punt I reckon, though I'd love to see the club go all out for Sherman.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

errrrr

no

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Fevola is not well in the head.

Forget it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Bardon Saint
Club Player

I'm open to the idea. Fev to lose some kgs over summer. Gardi to retire. Kosi and Mcevoy to play full time in the ruck. Kosi to use the pre-season to focus on ruck training. I think it will re-invent him. His body has outgrown the CHF/CHB that he was when he turned up to the club. A year at FF this year has not given us a great return despite him playing 'his role well'??

Despite this waffle, I believe that Fev will stay at the Lions anyway. Gardi may or may not retire, McEvoy will get better and Kosi will play the same role as this year with the same success. Not keen on same! We need to improve! The pies will only get better next year (pending the outcome of pies partying allegations/rumours).

bergsone
SS Life Member

CONTRACT

No alcohol

No media footy show etc

No big dollars

Any stuff ups,your out

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Always think of this when I see his name :)

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

A fit and firing Fevola in the forward line would ensure a Saints premiership. Make his pay performance based. He may be a moron but he's no different to 80% of players in the AFL
Last edited by Moccha on Tue 05 Oct 2010 11:28am, edited 1 time in total.

Another opportunity awaits!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So people want to replace one FF who does not chase...with another FF that does not chase..

Main problem with Fev is that he is a "Me" Man rather than a Team Man.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 05 Oct 2010 11:47am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bardon Saint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:So people want to repalce one FF who does not chase...with another FF that does not chase..

Hmm, there is more to a FF than chasing ability although there has been enhanced significance of this quality in the last 10 years. Fev needs to get injury free and lose a few kgs. As a brisbane-ite I watch all the lions games and it was embarrassing watching him play 4 + weeks whilst obviously injured.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:So people want to repalce one FF who does not chase...with another FF that does not chase..

Not many FF are decent chasers. Fev is atleast in the contest once the ball hits the ground, wheras Kosi is not. And infact I would think Fev is favourite to win the ball on the ground against most FBs.

He's also a very good kick for goal.

Not saying I want him, but I don't not want him and if Ross signs him up I'll be wrapped. But I'm happy for Ross to leave him alone too.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

He's got 2 years of top footy in him. Get his head right and he's unstoppable. Given the state of St.Kilda's forward line he's worth the risk

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:He's got 2 years of top footy in him. Get his head right and he's unstoppable. Given the state of St.Kilda's forward line he's worth the risk
and here lies the problem, IMO

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Despite this talk about Fev, is it pure speculation that he will be traded? Is there a source? Or is it just the public putting two and two together and drawing their own conclusions?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
Moccha wrote:He's got 2 years of top footy in him. Get his head right and he's unstoppable. Given the state of St.Kilda's forward line he's worth the risk
True...Don't forget he also battled injuries this season, something he hasn't had to deal with much before.

For me, we would need to get him cheaply, and we we need a fair chunk of his salary to be paid by the Lions. I'm not sure if it's possible because I'm pretty sure he is owed around $800k for the next two years.
If he has broken his contract, we could get him through the PSD and set our own price, or else we would need Lions to pay atleast half of his contract :?

It's not looking likely.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
SainterK wrote:
True...Don't forget he also battled injuries this season, something he hasn't had to deal with much before.

For me, we would need to get him cheaply, and we we need a fair chunk of his salary to be paid by the Lions. I'm not sure if it's possible because I'm pretty sure he is owed around $800k for the next two years.
If he has broken his contract, we could get him through the PSD and set our own price, or else we would need Lions to pay atleast half of his contract :?

It's not looking likely.
How to find more cash? Agreed that Lions would have to pay some of his contract. With so many players fleeing, they may have some room to do this. Blake a veteran next year? King to retire (not that he would have been on much). Gardi a possible retirement? Is lovett being paid out under the salary cap?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane want him out, he wants to play footy cos he's got nothing else left, get him off the piss, pay him a performance based wage, get him fit and he'd dominate in our forward line. The Saints may have 2 years at the top before they start their decline and he would be the one to bring it home for them.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

mad saint guy wrote:
B: Gwilt, Dawson, Miles
HB: Gram, Blake, Fisher
C: Dal Santo, Hayes, Kerr
HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Gilbert
F: Milne, Fevola, Steven

Foll: Gardiner, Goddard, Montagna
Int: Jones, Ray, Koschitzke, Armitage

Emg: McEvoy, Geary, Clarke

How on earth are you going to fit Kerr and Fev into the salary cap ?

IMO we certainly dont need Fev, but a fit Kerr would be an asset.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

B: Gwilt, Dawson, Miles
HB: Gram, Blake, Fisher
C: Dal Santo, Hayes, Ray
HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Gilbert
F: Milne, Fevola, Steven

Foll: Kosi, Goddard, Montagna
Int: Jones, Peake, McEvoy, Armitage

Emerg: McQ, Eddy, Stanley, Clarke

Out: Baker, Gardi (both Retired), McQ, Eddy
In: Fev, Miles, Steven, Armitage