Consistency is a Cakewalk

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThePunter
Club Player

Consistency is a Cakewalk

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I have been banned from that site so I can't read anything from there. I said that it is Karma with the sexual assualt allegations and now Mick Malthouse can have his own "f&%king rapists" in his own team! They didn't like that too much and banned me haha! Muppets.

Just telling it how it is!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Good Luck!
You're going to need it.
You'll hear every excuse known to man by Feral Filth Followers as to why this is different than the other case.

ThePunter
Club Player

Considering it's my piece, I'll reproduce it here.

I'm not going to judge anyone here. I have no idea what happened. I'm not about to name anyone, because I believe in the legal systems that exist in this country, and the presumption of innocence is a cornerstone of those systems, that, despite much criticism, enable us to live in a country that is, by international standards, safe to live in.

These things are important to me, and important to all truly reasonable people.

They're not important to the current premiership coach.

I firmly believe that in the heat of the moment, you may say truly hurtful things, things designed to produce the maximum negative response, but you'll never say something that you don't believe to be true. This is despite the fact you may fully realise in the cold light of day that it was poor form to say those things.

Mick Malthouse has shown everyone where his bread is buttered. When it comes to sexual assault, he clearly doesn't care about the presumption of innocence. If the accusation is made, then you are fair game, and not the sort of person who should be at any football club that Malthouse has anything to do with.

As I have said before, whenever accusations of this kind are made, some of the mud always sticks. It contributes to the seriousness of the situation, not just because of the heinous nature of the alleged crime, but also the ruinous effect such accusations have on those at whom the accusations are made, whether correctly or incorrectly.

Considering all this, I fully expect if Mick Malthouse cares about his own integrity and reputation, if he cares about avoiding hyprocrisy and appearing consistent, then two Collingwood listed players will be looking for new clubs in a couple of weeks. It should be a cakewalk.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Pretty much said it all Punter.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell