24 hours into media ban.....and surviving so far......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

24 hours into media ban.....and surviving so far......

Since I left the game (early last qtr), no TV news/sport, no news/sport radio, no footy discussion...(other than here)....

Gone out only with a couple of non-footy friends today, to areas where I'm unlikely to to see filth supporters (ironically i saw a guy wearing a saints cap), and so far so good.

Monday is going to be tough for the morning, but I've plenty of other business to keep me occupied.

Only accidently got a split second glimps of sences of flith supporters celebrating after the game on TV this afternoon when flicking channels...it felt like hot skewer poked in my eyes....

Hope you are all surviving the of attack of pure evil on our society this weekend....

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Having Foxtel helps.

Music channels, CI Channel, anything that doesn't have news or those sneaky news breaks on frre-to-air who'll try to booster raitings tonight.

kaos theory
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:Having Foxtel helps.

Music channels, CI Channel, anything that doesn't have news or those sneaky news breaks on frre-to-air who'll try to booster raitings tonight.
haha....yep I've got it....watching a lot of cooking shows today!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Classic Rock tomorrow in the truck until 4.00pm, then I'll listen to Hinch just to hear if any trades have been done.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Calais
Club Player

Wouldn't it be easier to face it all? I've watched all the news programs and watched the entire game this morning trying my best to highlight what went wrong and what would've been , feel much better about it too be honest.

I'm proud of what our boys have overcome this year :D

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I have not read a paper, watched tv or listened to radio.

Tomorrow morning I shall be switching from SEN to GOLD before they say a word.

Going to GOLD because at least Dee Dee will be sensitive to my pain!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
GRAMophone
Club Player

Same same. It's the first time my radio has been playing classical music for a very long time, and the first time the sports section has gone straight in to the recycling at arms length.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Cricket season has begun in earnest!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
jroberts:)
Club Player

though SEN was pretty good earlier, they were discussing what involvement the saints would have during the off season! and they all reckon we're gonna have quite a few good additions to our team!!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

jroberts:) wrote:though SEN was pretty good earlier, they were discussing what involvement the saints would have during the off season! and they all reckon we're gonna have quite a few good additions to our team!!
Lucky that 3/4 of the guys who work there are Saints fans.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I was in bed all day saturday sick, so saw none of it. listened to bits on the radio until we were no chance.

Have seen NIl footage of anything, read no reports on it - haven't gone near the herald website - avoided everything that could accidentally show me any of it!!!

the only things i have learned is from reading stuff on this site. I've done this a couple of times before - in 07 and 08. have never seen any footage of the 08 GF.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

lukily i went to my partner's place late saturday and since he is a hawthorn supporter didn't mention the match. did not rad papers or listen to the radio. and only this mornign have come on here. won't be reading or much or llistneing to radio much over next little while

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

I still don't know the final score or the Norm Smith I've managed to keep away from it so well!

They walk amongst us...

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

HSVKing wrote:I still don't know the final score or the Norm Smith I've managed to keep away from it so well!
+1

In complete shut down here. Will remain that way until next year. Any filth supporting friends and colleagues know better than to say anything to me.

It is a 2 way street. I don't go rubbing peoples noses in it when we win and beat another team so they know I expect the same courtesy. This is why it pays never to be a peanut when your team is on a winning streak!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

dont know norm smith either, dont care
no papers
no radio
no sports channels
will watch movies instead and the lifestyle channel

i have 2 and a bit acres to mow today with the ipod in so that kills today off

spert
Saintsational Legend

It was a big ride and we fell off at the last turn, so I just read it all in papers as I don't care who beat us, as I'm more interested in why we didn't win. I now look forward to reading about what RL will do with the playing list as I'm sure a few will drop off or be dropped off.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:I still don't know the final score or the Norm Smith I've managed to keep away from it so well!

same here.

mordi
Club Player

Did 24 hour total blackout...plus very sick helped

Easing back in via forum ( plus the Pies sex story)

Give it a week or two...then process it. As Ross said, if you dont do that you'll be getting counselling in 20 years...!!

What's the Point of it All?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's actually not to bad looking at online media, Bomber and the 'scandal' are dominating headlines at the moment.

Also given the delay caused by the drawn grand final, trade week is just about upon us.