I LOVE THE ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rooey_for_PM!
Club Player

It's supporters like you Q5 that make this club something I'm proud to be a part of. :twisted:

~ Fortius Quo Fidelius ~

"To the players, I couldn't be prouder.

"We've got to keep coming and coming. Forget what you see in the media.

"Our premiership window is well and truly open."

Nick Riewoldt - 2/10/10
Q5
Club Player

Thanks Rooey - ditto! :)

saints65
Club Player

I'm really proud of the club and its supporters

Just wish the football gods would give us a break

Go Saints!!!

Rooey_for_PM!
Club Player

Yeah, they sure haven't smiled upon us...

yet.

~ Fortius Quo Fidelius ~

"To the players, I couldn't be prouder.

"We've got to keep coming and coming. Forget what you see in the media.

"Our premiership window is well and truly open."

Nick Riewoldt - 2/10/10
merlin
Club Player

Re: I LOVE THE ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

Winmar7Fan wrote:
merlin wrote:Poor showing today, but i will never give up hope of us winning a grandfinal.
Excellent year by the saints considering what went on off field during 2010
Could we honestly say if collingwood had the off field dramas that st.kilda did, do you think they would of made the eight
GUTSY EFFORT SAINTS
i love you
You're obviously a young supporter that hasn't suffered enough yet.
I wish i was young, i have been following the saints for 41 years, I have tried to stop many a time, but i cant, their pull is to strong. I will follow them until the day i die, WIN LOSE OR DRAW

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah love the club - but oddly it was easier in the 80s and harder today after such an insipid performance. Especially after the draw.
Potential lead to expectations - and expectation became excitment and now we seem to have had 14 years at the top or very near, with only heartbreak at the end of each year.
One win is all I ask!
Then I will love them even more!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Yeah love the club - but oddly it was easier in the 80s and harder today after such an insipid performance. Especially after the draw.
I agree. Especially hard to say I'm proud the team, knowing they got $50k each for that terrible effort yesterday. Remember, these guys are professionals, they get paid, members are the lifeblood of the club and have every right to not buy into the 'red-white-black martyrs who need hip replacements by 35' guff. Very hard to take on the chin.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I love this club too, I will never give up on it or our boys who pull on the red,white and black.
Yeah its complete and utter heart break to go through what we have. But I cant shake the love of the club or that I am proud of them. Even on days when it all falls apart.

before I am told I havent suffered enough heart break or supported them for long enough, I can guarentee I have suffered with our heart breaking losses.

No matter what forever a Saint

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Yeah love the club - but oddly it was easier in the 80s and harder today after such an insipid performance. Especially after the draw.
Potential lead to expectations - and expectation became excitment and now we seem to have had 14 years at the top or very near, with only heartbreak at the end of each year.
One win is all I ask!
Then I will love them even more!
This

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

50000 each?
they should all buy 5 memberships and hand them out to fans ffs lol

actually im glad theres idiots that bag and jump off and dont reknew memberships
gives me more of a chance to grab a second social club :)

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I will be there renewing my membership, my heart though crushed and broken still beats red,white and black.
To borrow a line from the movies (and a bad one at that) "I just cant quit you"

I noticed a quote from Roo on the Saints website saying "now more than ever its about not giving up"
Well Roo you had me at Now (wow cant stop with the cheesy quotes today)

So while I am completely torn and sobbed my heart out saturday my support won't waver.

(not passing judgement on anyone that doesn pack it in just my own feelings on this whole mess)

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Saintstragic

I have loved this club for most of my life, and while I was disappointed in the result on Saturday, this does not affect my commitment to the Club and the players. I think that what has happened in my life over the past twelve months has put the loss into perspective for me, (lost my job, lost my house and my Father passed away) and I do not feel this loss as deeply as other posters. Looking forward to 2011!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
PakenhamSaint wrote:
On the Bench wrote:
The club and players owe us as much as we owe the club.
That sums it up.
Thats right because after every game I go to watch, I have to get in an ice bath for 2 hours just so i can walk with a limp on Monday, and after every game, i go down to my local doc and get xrays, scans and god knows what just so I know how much pain I'll carry in to next week when I sit in my comfy chair at the dome, of course after I have a few pain killing injections in my feet, knees and groin so I can watch.
And when I finally retire and dont go to watch, I'll be lucky to walk again properly after my hip and knee replacements!!!!
pfft, the players owe us NOTHING!!!! We owe them everything, they go out there week in and week out and play their guts out.
s*** take a look at the big picture, out of the top 5 or 6 sides we are probably the least skilled but god damn we are the most determined, tough and relentless side in the comp.
There's several posts on threads suggesting the players don't try hard enough, that they let us down etc etc

Gee, we must have the only 38 players in the entire AFL who don't give a toss about winning a Premiership. What are the odds of that? :shock:

Every player will tell you that individual medals mean nothing and all they want is a Premiership medallion. Ask poor old Robert Harvey!

Yet apparently, our boys don't care enough or think enough of us supporters to go out and have a decent crack at it.

Many reasons why we came up short but don't carry on about a lack of effort, or commitment etc etc. We simply were not good enough on Saturday. We don't have the best 22 in the comp and for us to win requires a hell of a lot of things to go right. Unfortunately on this important day they didn't. :cry:

It hurts like hell but that's the reality.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

My bloodline means I should have been a Collingwood fan...

And to this day I am still glad that I am not!

I love my club, I will never leave. Just hope that my (and everyones) dedication is one day finally rewarded!

They walk amongst us...

HelenR
Club Player

Been a supporter all my life. My kids (15 and 11) are as well. Their dad is an Essendon supporter. We live in Essendon. Today, first day back at school, my son wears his Cheersquad badge to school "Loud and Proud". Will cop the flack from his mates but tell them were their teams there (mostly Bombers and Bulldogs supporters)? Yesterday he pulled all his posters down in his room and replaced them with all the ones that have been in the papers over the last couple of weeks. Goddard's mark, Lenny after the draw and Rooey. Carn the Saints all over his room. One day after the loss he is right back into supporting them and so should we all. I thank them for an excellent season. Can't wait for next year. CARN THE SAINTS!!!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Many reasons why we came up short but don't carry on about a lack of effort, or commitment etc etc. We simply were not good enough on Saturday. We don't have the best 22 in the comp and for us to win requires a hell of a lot of things to go right. Unfortunately on this important day they didn't. :cry:

It hurts like hell but that's the reality.
Didn't look like St Kilda out there at all on Saturday...had we played like that all year, we wouldn't have made the finals period. So, I don't believe it's reality at all, I believe they guys were mentally spent by GF1, totally absent for GF2, which is a shame, as Collingwood were spending confidence tickets they should never have had.