We should trade Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

We should trade Gram

I think we have players coming through to cover him, and I think he is quite over-rated and has been for some time.

He's now injury prone, his kicking has always been suspect and let's face it, he's pretty soft at it too.

Trade him whilst his currency is high I say.

Get some value in return.

Thoughts.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: We should trade Gram

Quixote wrote:I think we have players coming through to cover him, and I think he is quite over-rated and has been for some time.

He's now injury prone, his kicking has always been suspect and let's face it, he's pretty soft at it too.

Thoughts.
Contracted player. Injury-hit year. Not the worst idea ever, but won't happen.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

He could be used in conjunction with our first rounder to get a fairly good player over the line, but saying that, I would like him to stay.

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

I know our first rounder won't be high - but unless we can get something truly good (not just potentially good - but salivatingly good... i.e. Sandilands, Cox, Pendlebury, Swan, Bartel, etc) I'd like to see us keep our first rounder this year and actually get some kids in and use them

I know hindsight is great and I applauded the decision to recruit Lovett, but it was a risk that didn't pay off. I don't think we need to take huge risks... did Collingwood? Did Geelong?

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
smasherini
Club Player

NO.
We need time to re asses without knee jerk reactios.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Tassie Saint wrote:I know our first rounder won't be high - but unless we can get something truly good (not just potentially good - but salivatingly good... i.e. Sandilands, Cox, Pendlebury, Swan, Bartel, etc) I'd like to see us keep our first rounder this year and actually get some kids in and use them

I know hindsight is great and I applauded the decision to recruit Lovett, but it was a risk that didn't pay off. I don't think we need to take huge risks... did Collingwood? Did Geelong?
Both have premiership ruckman who came from other clubs for which they traded heavily for.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:I think we have players coming through to cover him, and I think he is quite over-rated and has been for some time.

Thoughts.
Injury prone, suspect kicking and soft...but his currency is high???

Has played hurt all year. Top 10 when fit and in form. Were not flush for players with some run and dash

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

Thoughts.

Has played hurt all year. Top 10 when fit and in form. Were not flush for players with some run and dash
Yes, but if we could get someone with some run and dash who could kick properly then you'd have to consider it!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Thoughts.

Yes, but if we could get someone with some run and dash who could kick properly then you'd have to consider it!
But that player is Gram with an offseason to rehab and heal.

He's been hobbled this year, quite clearly.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Norm Smith (shoulda) to nothing in 12 injury riddled months...should get heaps for him. :roll:

Would have thought Peake or Geary (maybe even Smith) are likely to be primed for a similar position, so we can replace him if need be, but he'd be a required player at the club, and we'd get little value from a trade.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 12:09am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Thoughts.

Apparently Lovett could do that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Thoughts.

Which is why they took the risk, such is the need for some run and leg speed!

ok didn't work, but this is an achilles heel that needs addressing!

Hopefully we can snare a gun like a Daniel Kerr for example, because we need a quick mid with pace and skill!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be against that.

I'd do it for a top 10 pick from GC... the talent at the top end of this draft is exceptionally strong & you would hope that a highly talented kid would eventually be a better player than Gram in the long term & a useful contributor in the short term.

It's never a given but sometimes you have to take a chance.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:
smasherini wrote:NO.
We need time to re asses without knee jerk reactios.
+10
I said I wasn't going to post for awhile, seems I can't keep away.

Include me in the above.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Why trade one of our good players? Lord knows we need em all. He was just injured. But someone tell him to stop kicking it straight up in the air!

Gram on one leg was no good for us these last 2 weeks. We should have played Miles in Grams role.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Gram had 50% efficiency in the GF.. Not good enough IMO.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:Gram had 50% efficiency in the GF.. Not good enough IMO.
he had one leg. so 50% of his legs.
just silly playing an injured player. he was useless in GF 1. So dunno why they all kidded themslves for GF 2. he should have dont the right thing and put his hand up. but so much pressure on players to play injured because they dont want to be labelled "soft". Its an honour system mentality to play injured. But sheesh it hurts the team. I blame the coach.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

One of our best when up and about. NO

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Hopefully we can snare a gun like a Daniel Kerr for example, because we need a quick mid with pace and skill!

So unless Lovett can use his pace from the pack pocket and carry it the entire length of the field, what use would he be?

Until our forwards play forward - we're rooted unless BJ plays the game of the decade or Roo bobs up and wins the match off his own boot as usual.

Quixote
SS Life Member

RE Gram - I get the feeling he has peaked as a player, and if you're going to do something with him, now would be the time as his currency won't get any higher for mine.

Miles - Geary - Al Smith are waiting in the wings to play a similar role. Also, hopefully we'll have Raph back in.

Gram has never been a great kick and it ain't getting better.

Don't know if he'll get over his injuries and sometimes I question his application.

If something decent was on the table, I'd be seriously looking at it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

All he has ever done is bomb it as far as he can.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No we shouldnt.

Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:No we shouldnt.
For the right price - yes, we should.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Thoughts.

we take a risk on lovett but dont play miles even though he played ok and showed he was afl standard in the last few games. and grammy was hobbling around like an old man on one leg.

sometimes i wonder.