Losers, always have been, always will be!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Losers, always have been, always will be!

When you come to grips with this fact it's so much easier. Only St Kilda would blow a GF like last year then draw against the biggest scum-bags to grace the earth and bend over like bitches in a replay.

kaos theory
Club Player

You still drunk from last light?

We are not the only team to get easily beaten in a gf....and not the olny team to get easily beaten by the filth this year.

we ere carry a lot of injuries into that game.....it was on the cards...

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

So we're Geelong until 07.
Bulldogs can't even make a Grand Final.
So we are better off than others, but until we win one, we unfortuately will have that tag.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

kaos theory wrote:You still drunk from last light?

We are not the only team to get easily beaten in a gf....and not the olny team to get easily beaten by the filth this year.

You're the drunk. You don't take injured players into a GF, stop making pathetic excuses. They play the same spuds every week, my god what are Kosi, Eddy, Peake and McQualter doing out there?

wallbanger
Club Player

A little harsh Dozer, but I agree with your sentiments on those players you mentioned.

Simply not up to it IMO.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
saintkid
Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:

You're the drunk. You don't take injured players into a GF, stop making pathetic excuses. They play the same spuds every week, my god what are Kosi, Eddy, Peake and McQualter doing out there?
Spot on here. When is the last time that superdud McQualter kicked a goal with any substance?? Not ONCE this year, yes ALL year and Ross continued to play him in the forward line together with the softest forward in the game in Kosi and another try hard in Eddy who has as much skill as a fringe VFL player. That forward line was NEVER going to kick a winning score and it was only the super heroics of Goddard and Hayes together with the filth's inaccurate kicking, that kept them in the game and almost pinched it last week.
Last edited by saintkid on Sun 03 Oct 2010 10:39am, edited 1 time in total.

kaos theory
Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:

we carried a lot of injuries into the first gf and we nearly won it.

We added a few more during the second gf and that became too much for us to hold on, so the dam burst.....

agree on mini, but eddy had a broken arm....he played very well against the dogs, so he was given another chance.

kosi nearly won the game for us in the first gf by going into the ruck, so he still has ability, though sometime his lack of pace up forward hurts us...

peake was great for us in the qf against the cats (first half)....but has struggled in the two gfs...

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Bit harsh I reckon. We've done better than a lot of other teams in recent years. I wouldn't class a team who has made back to back grandfinals, within a kick or two of winning either of them....losers. We're still a million plus dollars richer than Geelong this season. I thought Collingwood went in pretty much unscathed into this game. With a bit of tinkering there's no reason we can't remain super competitive for years to come.

So yeah, I'm bitter and I'm majorly disappointed, but that's footy!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
wallbanger
Club Player

Is "super competitve" enough though? Does that mean if we come 2nd or 3rd for the next three years we should pat everyone on the back?

I'd rather win one - then we could bottom out, I couldn't care less. Super-competitive without taking out the big prize - well, that's just being the Bulldogs.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Being the Bulldogs is not making past a Prelim, that's more of a worry IMHO :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the club to win a Premiership more than anything in the world. And yes, we've had two missed opportunities! But at the very least we've been in the hunt!

Geelong aren't done with either, they'll be back next year with or without Bomber! Collingwood will get off to a flyer with 15 other teams over 22 weeks trying to break them down and crack their armour.

The sad thing is we all know what a LONG and GRUELLING season it is! And to get to the big one in great shape and form is nothing short of miraculous.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:Being the Bulldogs is not making past a Prelim, that's more of a worry IMHO :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the club to win a Premiership more than anything in the world. And yes, we've had two missed opportunities! But at the very least we've been in the hunt!

Geelong aren't done with either, they'll be back next year with or without Bomber! Collingwood will get off to a flyer with 15 other teams over 22 weeks trying to break them down and crack their armour.

The sad thing is we all know what a LONG and GRUELLING season it is! And to get to the big one in great shape and form is nothing short of miraculous.
Excellent post. You have to get there to win it, and the more times you do, the more times the odds favour you to snag one. Bulldogs cannot even make it that far. Wouldn't ever completely right them off though. Geelong either. Top 4 will remain as last year, with possibly Freo breaking in if they can better their performances of earlier this year.

Have concerns over Collingwood (believe it or not - even after a GF win) with their game plan if the new interchange cap comes in. Will cause major headaches with their game plan. They will definitely be top 8 no doubt about it, but it will be interesting to see how they counteract that rule if it does come in. Will be laughed at and ridiculed for saying so now, but will be interesting to see how it goes next year.

Fortius Quo Fidelius