Lyon Press Conference

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Lyon Press Conference

Last edited by Moccha on Sun 03 Oct 2010 12:41am, edited 1 time in total.

Another opportunity awaits!
Tom_Aus
Club Player

thanks for the link, interesting comments from Ross, very measured, sounds from the presser as if David Armitage is in Ross's plans going forward. Happy to hear

SaintDebi
Club Player

Tom_Aus wrote: sounds from the presser as if David Armitage is in Ross's plans going forward. Happy to hear
But the question is: are Ross and the Saints a part of Armo's plans going forward?
Might be too little, too late.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

He spoke well. He makes a lot of sense,and I'm glad he says we need to find some talent.

Interesting that he brought up young Winmars name in bringing him through next year. Must think he's a bit of a prospect

This time last year I just wanted the same group of players fast forwarded to now to get there shot at redemption. We got that,and we failed,and I have a different feeling now to what I had sitting here 12 months ago. I'm looking forward to a minor rebuild,I think it's the path we need to take. Not saying bottoming out,but game time needs to be put into a few kids.

In the light of day,looking at our squad,Ross did a remarkable job of getting us within a bad bounce of a premiership this year.
We have 5-8 players who don't cut the mustard,yet he's somehow got the squad to almost pinching it.

We need to lose 3-4 of our poor skilled/decision makers,and bring some fresh run and bettered skilled kids in. He's a smart coach,one of the smartest in the game,so I look forard to what he comes up with over the next 6 months.

In that time,I'll be fishing and trying not to worry about it :wink:

Bring back the Lockett era
Tom_Aus
Club Player

jonesy wrote:He spoke well. He makes a lot of sense,and I'm glad he says we need to find some talent.

Interesting that he brought up young Winmars name in bringing him through next year. Must think he's a bit of a prospect

This time last year I just wanted the same group of players fast forwarded to now to get there shot at redemption. We got that,and we failed,and I have a different feeling now to what I had sitting here 12 months ago. I'm looking forward to a minor rebuild,I think it's the path we need to take. Not saying bottoming out,but game time needs to be put into a few kids.

In the light of day,looking at our squad,Ross did a remarkable job of getting us within a bad bounce of a premiership this year.
We have 5-8 players who don't cut the mustard,yet he's somehow got the squad to almost pinching it.

We need to lose 3-4 of our poor skilled/decision makers,and bring some fresh run and bettered skilled kids in. He's a smart coach,one of the smartest in the game,so I look forard to what he comes up with over the next 6 months.

In that time,I'll be fishing and trying not to worry about it :wink:
Yeh great post, agree with the minor tinkering. I think people get sucked into the idea of teams having a premiership window, and if you don't win one in X amount of years then its all over. I think today really showed we have some defeciencies and i think it probably took a belting today for Ross to realise that. Our bottom 5 or 6 today were not what is needed to win a premiership, and it may sound harsh, but i make no apologies that Eddie, Peake, Dempster, and McQualter are not up to standard.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:
Tom_Aus wrote: sounds from the presser as if David Armitage is in Ross's plans going forward. Happy to hear
But the question is: are Ross and the Saints a part of Armo's plans going forward?
Might be too little, too late.
Well guys like Montagna and Gwilt had to wait.
FWIW I had Armo in my best 22 at the start of the year.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Tonight Rossy stated how raw it was, and how much it hurt etc.

Said that there won't be recriminations other than the realisation that there is a need to improve.

Oh, and he quoted Churchill- see my tagline.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs