Our worst g-final display ever

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Sainter
Club Player

Our worst g-final display ever

Of the 7 grand finals i have seen live or watched us in, today was our most
pathetic performance. The kicking skills by players like Dal, Gilbert, Jones and Peake was second rate, often kicking straight to opposition players. Our coach surely must now have a good look at our list. Baker is past it, Mcqualter and Eddy do not get enough of the damn ball, Hayes lays many tackles but unlike the two I mentioned he also gets plenty of the ball. Gardiner is finished, now too injury prone.
Goddard is superb but must be used more on the forward line from now on as he is capable of boosting our low scoring tallies. Kosi tries but i'm afraid he won't get us a flag. Ross, next year we must start getting more younger players in the team plus others like Stanley and Miles to name two must be persevered with longer as we are not a very quick team.
I would give our coach 4 out of 10 today as most of the game Maxwell, Shaw, Thomas and O'Brien never seem to have an opponent, and to go so defensive straight after half time when we were nearly 5 goals behind was very strange, not only to me but also the commentator.

marksnsparks
Club Player

I agree, Kosi has had way too many chances already. He's a plodder with no peripheral vision who's biggest impacts tend to be on his captains head. Time to blood Stanley and be patient.

Time to do a pre season in the Hymalayas. Thats the only way we are going to keep uyp with the filth.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Alas, we haven't been in too many GFs. 1965 was bad, simply because at that stage we had never won a flag, but at least we were close at half time. Our loss today was more comprehensive. To be honest, once Gilbert missed those three goals at the start of the 2nd, we were gone. They looked "on" and we looked "off".

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We were gone when Roo played on and had ball taken off his boot.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell