WA Saints & Magpie fans united in anger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

WA Saints & Magpie fans united in anger

JetStar cancelled their flight out of Perth tonight leaving scores of footy supporters stranded. All they could offer was to reschedule the flight to tommorrow which would not get to Melb. until 2.40pm.

It was a bunfight trying to get to the Qantas Service desk to see if there were any available seats on their flights tonight, only a few seats available (heaven knows what the price was). I had no hope I was too far back in the queue, so me and a few other Sainters & maggies hotfooted it to Virgin.

Virgin only hade 11 tickets for tonighs flight. By the time I got to the top of the queue, they were gone. :cry: :cry: :cry:

A couple of us Western Sainters were lucky to get seats on a flight that gets in at 11.40am tomorrow....not too cheap I may add. Cross your fingers for us there are no delays tomorrow with Virgin, and their computer system is better than last sundays schmozzle.

Some poor supporters were getting the flight out to Sydney, then hoping for connecting flights to Melb. One person was taking an all nighter to Brisbane then flying in to Melb. from Brissie.

You can imagine what all these last minute flights are costing over here.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

The boys had better win for our efforts. I didn't meet one Sainter there tonight that said what the heck I'm not going......all were trying to get on flights that could get them to the game.

Jetstar couldn't give a stuff. First time I have ever booked a flight with them.....never again.
The excuse they gave us was a flight attendent hurt her finger, and they had no replacement, as Perth wasn't their base station, hence the flight had to be cancelled. It was put to them that they are a subsidary of Qantas, so why not have a Qantas flight attendent fill in. No Qantas aren't trained on Jetstar's procedures :roll: :roll: :roll:

Now the fun will be trying to get a refund from Jetstar. A Qantas employee said we would only possibly get a credit from JetStar to use at another time, because they were rescheduling the flight. Yeah but too blooming late for the majority of their passengers. Why not reschudle it earlier in the morning to allow plane to arrive at a time we could get to the game? After all the plane is just sitting in its bay in WA

A girl claiming to be Kosi's half sister was in a real state trying to get to the game to see him play. I think she was lucky to jag a seat via Sydney on Virgin.

Oh well that's my rant............. as I said, here we were united with Magpie supporters in our predicament :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So I won't be making it to The Corner Hotel for pre drinks. :(

Just cross your fingers for us that Virgin's computer system has got over it's problems.....don't want to be watching the GF 2 at Perth Airport if there are further delays :( :( :(

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Good Luck Loris- feel for you

and you will almost need devine Intervention to get anything out of jet star in the way of refund-- :roll:
I booked a quantas flight return- and didn't check it was quantas both ways- was Jetstar return and they changed the time making it impossible-
trying to get suitable time was extrodinary-- easy enough for them to put you on Jetstar but try getting of there..

Travel safe

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
hellorocky
Club Player

Wow Loris - that is just terrible for you and other Saints. Can't imagine what it would be like to be so far away with so few options.

Hope it works out

georgie girl
Club Player

You poor things!
I hope through all the turmoil you get here and have a Saintsational day, that is a win for the Saints!
Good luck to you all!!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

What a joke.

Thinking of you.

Good luck.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
St Michele
Club Player

Oh no and here i was thinking that you were all on your way. I will keep my fingers crossed that you all make it...... even the Pies supporters

You have to be there for this win..

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

nightmare Loris.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Good luck Loris......wish I could be at the game!! Hope you get to drape the flag on the Tommy Bent's statue again.

(Actually it was a jumper wasn't it?)
Last edited by Verdun66 on Sat 02 Oct 2010 2:08am, edited 1 time in total.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

I am now so glad that I stayed over. Hope you can all make it.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Fingers crossed that all affected make it safely to the game on time somehow. Good luck!

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

That is unbelievable!. I'm sure you will get you airline tickets refunded

Another opportunity awaits!
Joeyjojo
Club Player

I'm on the 1am flight! hs that been cancelled?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Disgraceful, hope it works out for everyone :?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic effort Loris - Hope that you do make it - let us all know - We need every Sainter to witness History in the Making!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintnick12
Club Player

Unbelieveable.

Hope everyone is able to get here safely and in time.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

f****** unreal and pathetic efforts really by jetstar

fingers crossed for ya that ya get here in time and theres no more delays