Absolutleyyy appauled!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Calais
Club Player

Absolutleyyy appauled!

I wont mention any names etc but I just cant believe it. Absolutely fuming at how athletes in our great game can act like this. A certain young Collingwood listed player ( plays in the VFL ) was selling his GF tickets and to inbox the best offers to him. I did, offered him 650 for both tickets and he replies with " sorry mate I'm looking for $800 each ticket "

Is this bloke serious? Not only is he an AFL listed player on a teams list , he has the audacity to scalp tickets at an outrageous price.

Fumingggg! :evil:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Have heard about it going on.

Make it public.

Not as if they don't get enough perks as it is without ripping off the supporters

Bring back the Lockett era
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Name him so journo trolls get the scoop. Scalping s***s me.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Dont dig too deep........

may flush some at our end according to ...........

leave it at that

disagree strongly with them doing it

saint4life
Moods
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Dont dig too deep........

leave it at that

Yeah well if they do bad luck for our players. Collingwood OR saints players, if they are scalping tix they deserve to be named and shamed.

St Michele
Club Player

Re: Absolutleyyy appauled!

Calais wrote:I wont mention any names etc but I just cant believe it. Absolutely fuming at how athletes in our great game can act like this. A certain young Collingwood listed player ( plays in the VFL ) was selling his GF tickets and to inbox the best offers to him. I did, offered him 650 for both tickets and he replies with " sorry mate I'm looking for $800 each ticket "

Is this bloke serious? Not only is he an AFL listed player on a teams list , he has the audacity to scalp tickets at an outrageous price.

Fumingggg! :evil:
Report him to the AFL. Send copies of his facebook messages and the message you received.
I have had the need to do it before about something I was concerned about to our club and they acted quickly getting back to me and sorting the situation out.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

leave it at that

agree then don't report it if this is the case - don't want any of our boys tarnished.

I don't have an issue with scalping (I don't do it though), it's just natural market forces at work - all the clubs do it - the AFL are hypocrits remember!

Saying that, the government has made it illegal, and anyone player representing an AFL club onselling their 2 free allocated ticket(s) for profit is a no-go.

St Michele
Club Player

If our boys are involved in it as well then they deserve to be caught as well. I for one would be very disappointed.

As for scalpers don;t start me, it is nothing to do with markets it is greedy people taking advantage of others. They are scum, buying bulk tickets and then ripping of true fans of football and music. As far as I am concerned they should lock the lot of them up anyone who profits from another like that gets no respect from me.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

leave it at that

agree then don't report it if this is the case - don't want any of our boys tarnished.

I don't have an issue with scalping (I don't do it though), it's just natural market forces at work - all the clubs do it - the AFL are hypocrits remember!

Saying that, the government has made it illegal, and anyone player representing an AFL club onselling their 2 free allocated ticket(s) for profit is a no-go.
Why? WE'll just pretend our players are alter boys shall we? Many AFL players (may be even saints players) need a wake up call. They are paid massive dollars get FREE grand final tickets, and don't even have the decency to sell them at cost price. Not enough to make money on just the cost price they have to put the price up further.

I see Lynden DUNN at the Dees has been caught out and counselled by his club. I have no doubt that many players have tried doing it. Should be ashamed of themselves.

Winmar
Club Player

Any Saints or Pies players who do it should feel ashamed. I'm not sure what the lower players would be on these days, but even they could surely afford to sell them at cost price (well, what they would cost if they had to actually pay for them).

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:Any Saints or Pies players who do it should feel ashamed. I'm not sure what the lower players would be on these days, but even they could surely afford to sell them at cost price (well, what they would cost if they had to actually pay for them).
Cost price to them is zero. They are free. They should give them away if they don't want to use them.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You'd think they would offer them first to their fellow players to get their family along?