How superstitious are you

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

How superstitious are you

I generally become extremely superstitious during finals time.. and of course in a grand final it goes a bit overboard.

Anyway just wanted to say last week when we were getting smashed a bit at the start.. was getting heaps of texts
then when we started dominating i got less texts and when i got no texts at all during the 3rd quarter ..they couldn't score a goal.
there just seemed to be a correlation between texts received and how well we did throughout the game lmao

also I get paranoid with how tight i do my shoe laces and the placement of my bag and the contents in it..its nuts

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lets just say i just had to do an emergency wash as the red jocks, explorer socks and saints socks were in the dirty clothes basket..........
(we are packing for the trip)

Winmar
Club Player

I think about which my lucky jumper is. Fortunately I've not noticed a pattern between wearing certain jumpers and winning or losing.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I keep on asking for that Hayes fellow to be selected in the side and they keep on picking him

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintWal
Club Player

Last year
Unshaved
Old Saints top
Bacon and egg for Brekky
light beer at half time

Last week this year
Shaved
New Saints top
Poached Eggs on toast
No Beer

This week
Shaved
New Saints top
Poached eggs on toast
Heavy Beer at half time

I blame myself, its all in the finer details.

saint3d
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:Last year
Unshaved
Old Saints top
Bacon and egg for Brekky
light beer at half time

Last week this year
Shaved
New Saints top
Poached Eggs on toast
No Beer

This week
Shaved
New Saints top
Poached eggs on toast
Heavy Beer at half time

I blame myself, its all in the finer details.
LOL

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Will be wearing the same clothes as last week (already washed and ready - not usually the 'done' thing for a female to wear the same outfit 2 weeks in a row but for the Saints I will make an exception. :lol:).

Not usually superstitious, but I don't feel like messing with the footy gods this week! :wink:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Last year everything was supersticious,then we lost on Gf day

Last weeks Gf day I mixed it up completly to confuse the gods. I wore my unlucky new saints top that has only a 50% strike rate on game day. I walked the unlucky way from the Precinct to the G,and lastly,wait for it,I wore black and white jocks...

This week,if i get a ticket,I'm streaking

Bring back the Lockett era
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Every time I have the body paint done we draw.

What does that mean for this week?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint3d
Club Player

I bought a number 7 jumper before the prelim. In the end I couldn't leave my number 18 jumper at home so I wore it underneath.

I wore the same to the GF but I was sitting in the sun so at three quarter time I took off the 7 and was wearing just the 18. If it changed the course of the game I couldn't tell.

I'll be wearing the same this week but I won't be in the sun so I expect the 7 will stay on for the duration of the match.

I haven't had this problem before because I've only had a set of St Kilda gear I wear every week. The pressure is getting to me.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Lost my scarf on the morning of GF1...Well atleast that was the morning I realised I couldn't find it :P

This week, I still haven't been able to find it, so what does all this mean? I have no idea.

noob
Club Player

didn't wear any st.kilda gear during games last year (or this year) wore saints gear and last years grand final lost. wore saints scarf at half time this year and took it off haha.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

There was a dead magpie on the ground a couple of houses up earlier this week.
Felt sorry for the bird but hope it represents what will happen to the team it represents.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

My wife is the one in the house that thinks that everything she does can have a bearing on how the team plays. She won't let me talk them up in case some kind of metaphysic force in the universe sends bad luck our way.

See omens in little things around the streets etc. I got over it in 1997 after as a young man I got around in lucky saints socks, routine for all the games etc. After it didn't work out I realised that you need to have a lot of faith in a team you have no control over.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

I certainly did not wear the jacket that I wore to the 2009 GF to the game last week, nor will I be wearing it this week.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Last year...

Purchased 50" Plasma week before game.Set it up in the downstairs footy room....decorated myself,my daughters and the room with anything i could find in SAINTS colors.
Heaps of people invited......pretty much all out last year.

Last week....heaps of people around again,but just myself and the Bro,no SAINTS gear on either of us,in my shed,fire going,cold beer and in front of an old 68cm ............nearly worked :?

Tomorrow........Bro away on Footy trip,a few others invited....not sure what to do. Will probably end up in the workshop in front of a 34cm......I'm lost. :?

W I N

stevie
Saintsational Legend

The last two seasons, the Saints seem to play better(but not necessarily win) when I leave the room, if the game is live on tv.

I get wild when the opposition kicks goals and forges ahead. I have the philosophy - like Zaphod Beeblebrox's black glasses - that what I can't see will not be able to hurt me...