Jones Broken Foot?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

No-one in the history of the game has played a final with a broken foot... maybe some small stress fracture ?

But a broken foot - no way.

I think Sam Fisher played a fantastic final a few years ago with stress fractures.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:
saintly wrote:
mordi wrote:So CJ's manager leaked the story........
:roll:

"Jones' manager told the Sportsnewsfirst website on Thursday that the 26-year-old had been scheduled for an operation on Wednesday but had elected to delay it following last weekend's draw."
i actually find that very strange if that was true.
I would say it's a load of bollocks....I like Ross' response;

''I read (the report) and I almost fell off my chair,'' he said. ''I went and found Clint and I said, 'Well, you're not playing because apparently you've got a broken foot'. ''Apparently Justin Koschitzke had broken ribs last week too. ''Everyone's looking for a story, people run stories that aren't accurate. ''I can guarantee you this, Clint Jones hasn't got a broken foot, because if he did he wouldn't be playing and I certainly wouldn't put him on elite midfielders of the competition.
There's many things he could have said to deflect attention but he has chosen to be quoted as guaranteeing Jones doesn't have a broken foot.

While Ross is certainly adept at playing mind games, I don't think he's yet reached the stage where he wants to be branded a liar. And that's what will happen if it's shown after the GF that Jones did have a broken foot.

Now if it was Malthouse saying it, or even Hird, well.......

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Earlier in the week, when Ross the boss was asked about those who went into last Saturday's game carrying an injury, he unexpectedly threw Jones's name into the mix, along with Dal and Gram, so it seems he has something, unless Ross was lying.
What he said was that Dal and Gram need to lift their output from that game... and added CJ to that list.
That wasn't what I heard. What I heard was directly to do with who had carried "niggles"/injury into the game. It would also explain why he would have been having an op yesterday, had the game on Saturday not been a draw.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
markp wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Earlier in the week, when Ross the boss was asked about those who went into last Saturday's game carrying an injury, he unexpectedly threw Jones's name into the mix, along with Dal and Gram, so it seems he has something, unless Ross was lying.
What he said was that Dal and Gram need to lift their output from that game... and added CJ to that list.
That wasn't what I heard. What I heard was directly to do with who had carried "niggles"/injury into the game. It would also explain why he would have been having an op yesterday, had the game on Saturday not been a draw.
If all we have is 2 or 3 players with niggles - we are probably doing better than Collingwood... and the niggles can't be that bad otherwise we'd be going for Geary, Armitage, Steven - so don't worry.
Who know how Collingwood is doing ? .. they'd probably settle for our niggles.
It's a long season plus we've had a grand final - we're more than fine - anyway let's see how the teams are picked.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm not worried. As I said, if CJ has been carrying whatever injury it is for 5 weeks, another week is unlikely to make much difference.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I'm not worried. As I said, if CJ has been carrying whatever injury it is for 5 weeks, another week is unlikely to make much difference.
CJ had 19 possessions - he did very well last week.
He doesn't need to improve.

We need more from Peake, Eddy(if still in) and RL believes Gram and Dal should be giving more - so RL is looking for no excuses.

If he believes they have it in them to improve so should we.

We are physically well for this time of the year - considering a long year and a GF.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Heard Lyons interview, he was shocked about the story, denies it, compares story to Kosi broken ribs

Before Im 85
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I'm not worried. As I said, if CJ has been carrying whatever injury it is for 5 weeks, another week is unlikely to make much difference.

We need more from Peake, Eddy(if still in) and RL believes Gram and Dal should be giving more - so RL is looking for no excuses.

We are physically well for this time of the year - considering a long year and a GF.
Cant agree on CJ. He was ordinary on Swan and his possessions were fair at best. RL said he needs to improve and I guess he would know.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

samoht wrote:

I thought CJ did OK, at least he got more of it (possessions) than most out there. I'd be happy to see Peake in Dale Thomas' pocket this week, just following him everywhere. Peake is rarely damaging with his kicks, so if he gets 7-8 possies and keeps Thomas to something below 15, it would probably be a big win. Keeping Thomas out of it will also help keep their crowd out of it. He gets them up as much as anyone.
And Gram and Dal can clearly do better. I get the feeling Ross said to them that if they want to play this week that they need to train full pelt and that Dal needs to be kicking on his left foot. He doesn't want them out there if they're going to hold back.
I expect they'll both do better this week and then be very sore next week.