List changes 2010

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

List changes 2010

There would be minimal changes I guess.

They do have to keep improving as a team, which can happen two ways.

1) DEVELOPMENT OF CURRENT LIST
Stanley, Steven, Geary, Lynch, Simpkin, Winmar, McEvoy, Smith, Miles, Walsh and the three 2010 Draft Picks.

2) TRADES
Unlikely to figure, but we may grab one player from another club to compliment either Rucks/Backs/Mids/Fwds

Already gone

1) Lovett, King gone and would assume Smith and probably Cahill which makes 4 changes, if Gardiner retires makes 5....they need to make room for 5 changes.....

Must take 3 Draft picks - AFL Rule
Simpkin and Miles will be deservedly elevated from Rookie List

Trade possibilities
1) Armitage for Draft Pick or another Player
2) Raph Clarke for Draft Pick or another player
3) Tom Lynch for Draft Pick or another player

Targets or availibilities
Josh Fraser, Richard Tambling, Steven Salopek, Justin Sherman, Andrew Walker, Bachar Houli, Chri Tarrant, Will Thursfield, David Hale, Josh Hill, Adrejis Everitt, Matt Spangher, Ryan Gamble.

Batnoe
Club Player

Salopek already signed

Carn Saints
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Jarryd Allen and Leigh Fisher will make two rookie spots available also.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Jarryd Allen and Leigh Fisher will make two rookie spots available also.
Aren't they on the Rookie list?

Ooops, misread teh post :oops:
Last edited by Mr Magic on Thu 30 Sep 2010 10:25am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: List changes 2010

BigMart wrote:There would be minimal changes I guess.

Stanley, Steven, Geary, Lynch, Simpkin, Winmar, McEvoy, Smith, Miles, Walsh and the three 2010 Draft Picks.

2) TRADES
Unlikely to figure, but we may grab one player from another club to compliment either Rucks/Backs/Mids/Fwds

Already gone

1) Lovett, King gone and would assume Smith and probably Cahill which makes 4 changes, if Gardiner retires makes 5....they need to make room for 5 changes.....

Trade possibilities

Josh Fraser, Richard Tambling, Steven Salopek, Justin Sherman, Andrew Walker, Bachar Houli, Chri Tarrant, Will Thursfield, David Hale, Josh Hill, Adrejis Everitt, Matt Spangher, Ryan Gamble.
What are the Western Bulldogs going to demand for Everitt this time around?

His regular non selection in 2010 must surely put the asking price down.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Good to see Raph traded. Get a second round gamble pick for a guy who is a starting 22 player when fit.

What possible reason would you trade him for. The Saints 'fans' have talked him down so much he wouldn't get his true value when traded.

If we can get him up next year, we get to have a real chance of being a more dangerous team with gwilt and Clarke running through the back line meaning we can actually release Fisher and Gilbert for runs up in the Forward line.

Ross has been trying to get that happening for a couple of seasons, but injuries and development never quite align.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

doesn't mean much but players want to be saints.

jays
Club Player

raph nots going anywhere Image

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Armo - if he wants out, not that I have a clue if he wants out or not - for Tambling?

I'd give it some thought. I remain convinced Tambling could be a player in the right place. Quick, creative. Just needs a bit of love. Maybe...

That said I do like how Armo does his stuff and would dislike him departing.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

money may or may not be a factor for armo

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Re: List changes 2010

BigMart wrote:There would be minimal changes I guess.

2) TRADES

Already gone

Trade possibilities

If the Shermanator is available, he should be a priority. Then Walker.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Walker is like Xavier Clarke, massive potential but just can't get the body right.

Justin Sherman and Richard Tambling are going to be a little too much for us.

Seriously we need another pacy mid. Alwyn Davey or the Krak some one who can back up Peakes run when he has an off day.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i want houli, everitt,

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

managers desperately wanting players to be saints.

DWOODROW
Club Player

If a player is contracted can they e traded. or is it just if the player wants out??????

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:If a player is contracted can they e traded. or is it just if the player wants out??????
A contracted player can be traded, providing everybody (including both Clubbs) are happy with the trade.

BUT whatever his contracted salary is used in the salary cap of the CLub where he is going.
There have been a number of instances where the new Club doesn't want to actually pay the contracted amount adn the previous Club has had to 'tip in' the difference.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Miles was elevated to the main list this year.

ThePunter
Club Player

King, J Smith and Lovett all gone.

One of these three compulsory draft picks can be filled with a rookie (either Tommy Walsh or Tom Simpkin, who were both elevated during the season).

If we delist any more, then that may open up more spots. Michael Gardiner now seems a likely retirement.

We would also need to open up another spot on the list if we sent a draft pick to the Doggies for Andrej Everitt.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Im a MASSIVE Houli Fan. Every Lady has her favourite- and he is mine. If it can be done - Its HAS to be done!

Get him in the red white and black - please :)

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

we'll need a ruck wont we?

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Luke Miles was elevated last year. He is already on the list. He got offrered a one year contract and is waiting until the end of the season to see if he gets offerred another one. You would like to think he would be offerred 2 years atleast

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Both Simpkin and Miles were elevated due to long term injuries.....but are not on the senior list. Senior List is finalised at the start of the season, and room will have to be made next season if Miles and Simpkin are to start on the senior list....which it will.

Yes I reckon we will need to have another mature age ruckman if Gardy retires, or Kosi will ruck, therefore we need a Key Forward.

On Raph
75 games in 7 years, we have Gwilt, Gilbert, Fisher, Dempster, Gram, Goddard, Geary, Simpkin, Winmar, Miles - who can all pay across HB....we need to start developing. R.Clarke would not be in our starting back 6 currently - not good enough for a 25yo.

Back 6
Blake, Dawson, Baker, Gilbert, Fisher, Dempster, Gwilt - that is 7....which one would he replace currently????

Unfortunately Armo (for some reason) cannot crack a run in the Midfield at 22????

Tom Lynch is a stretch. and only 20yo....but is frustrated.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Luke Miles was elevated last year. He is already on the list. He got offrered a one year contract and is waiting until the end of the season to see if he gets offerred another one. You would like to think he would be offerred 2 years atleast
i'd think he'd be offered one year. played a couple of games and looked promising but hasn't yet got himself to a position where you'd guarantee that you need him for two years. we'd rather not have a leigh fisher situation where the guy is forced to hang around for a couple of years, not getting games.

SaintTom
Club Player

Two possibilities - for some reason (and I could be way off with this) I thought Dean Cox might have been a possibility to be traded out of West Coast? From his desire, or list rebuilding or something? If so, for 2 or so more years to team up with Big Mac whilst we're still up the top, he wouldn't be a terrible investment.

Otherwise, Travis Boak. I thought he wanted to come back to Melbourne, and this guy can really play. If he's a possibility, I'd love to have him play for the Saints.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I heard Sam Sheldon wants to come back to Victoria. He's had some injury worries but we need inside mids.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs