Looking to the positives

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Looking to the positives

Im so glad posters on here seem to be positive and have praise for the good things our guys did. Yeah there was maybe some guys who are capable of a bit more but they will get their chance this weekend.

We were down a player with Gardi out of commission, came back from a half time deficit. Lenny just about kicked his leg off to bomb it long for that goal, BJ grazed the clouds and finished it off nicely.
Even when the Pies went back infront our boys didnt drop their heads. They fought on.
I thought Milney showed great restraint to do the best he could in front of goals with that long bouncing kick, just imagine if he had tried to gather and muffed it or got smashed in a tackle!

So while there is always things to improve on I think there were some great positives as well.

Sorry about the flowery, one eyed post but I bloody love this club! My post was motivated by my work's sadsack mail man who is a Saints fan but seems to live in downer land! Rant over :oops:

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
degruch
Saintsational Legend

How could a Saints supporter be down? I expected a win by 27 points (my prediction), and didn't get it...but seeing as how we played below par and had more than our fair share of rough luck, how could you not go into this encouraged? Could it happen that way again? I've deferred my 27 point prediction, which interestingly, was the winning margin in the '77 replay.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I was pretty surprised there myself degruch. Of course we all wanted the win bad and we had a little taste just for a moment after BJ kicked that goal. But our players dont look like beaten men. There seemed to be smiles a mile wide at the recovery session. I just dont see how he could be so down.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:How could a Saints supporter be down? I expected a win by 27 points (my prediction), and didn't get it...but seeing as how we played below par and had more than our fair share of rough luck, how could you not go into this encouraged? Could it happen that way again? I've deferred my 27 point prediction, which interestingly, was the winning margin in the '77 replay.
From my observations it's the Pie supporters who are suddenly very quiet.

Hopefully their negative vibes will filter through to Filth Headquarters.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
degruch wrote:How could a Saints supporter be down? I expected a win by 27 points (my prediction), and didn't get it...but seeing as how we played below par and had more than our fair share of rough luck, how could you not go into this encouraged? Could it happen that way again? I've deferred my 27 point prediction, which interestingly, was the winning margin in the '77 replay.
From my observations it's the Pie supporters who are suddenly very quiet.

Hopefully their negative vibes will filter through to Filth Headquarters.
They definately have more to be down about...where'd there 10 goal victory go? Interestingly, haven't heard a peep from the handful I know over here...most neutrals are on our side, but there's a few 'Saints got lucky last week, will be flogged this week' types over here, who all seem to be Crows supporters! They seemed to have missed the point.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I'm so chipper about it because at the end of the day we are still in there.

Remember that Collingwood lost this game because we just wore them down in the second half, and I think that mental toughness and hard physical strength will be a help.

Took all of my control not to jump down the throat of a Saints supporter whose opening comment was "well that was a disappointing result"

Nooooo a one point loss would be have been disappointing, I'm quite glad to have got the draw and now we start all over again in Round 27.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

I would hate to have to play stkilda twice in a row. That grinding, never say die attitude requires a massive amount of mental and physical toughness to beat.

I reckon we had gee long a bit haunted after beating them 3 out of 4 times recently.

Two things.

We have to deny collingwood the first goal, and deny them a good start.

Nick riewoldt needs to lift, 2 grand finals he has been below what he can do . None of us should accept another grand final performance from him that is anythhing less that herculean.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Must remmind myself that it would not be the best career move to kick our delivery man in his jatz crackers for suggesting that our boys did no good on Saturday and that I will change my colours at our work footy colours day this friday :twisted: