The Frustration of it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The Frustration of it

Right now I find myself just really frustrated, can't believe that there I was going for my 4k walk, listening to my ipod, thinking about last Saturday and this Saturday and I just yelled out, "For God's Sake can we just win one of these games, I just want a premiership!"
I kept thinking of how I've seen so many other teams win them, I think of the what if's.
You know if the ball had have bouinced up for Milney because he had Johnson beaten, goal with about 80 seconds to go.
If the ball had have stayed an extra second in Kosi's hand, mark 25-30 metres out with only 50 seconds to go.
All he had to do was score, and we would have won.
But I'm so tired of what if's, of what could have been, I just want to see my team win a premiership.
I just wnat Karma, destiny, luck, good furtune to be on our side.
I've waited so long for the moment to arrive, like all of us, in all honesty I would really enjoy a game Saturday where we know early that it's ours.
I imagine all of us have so much pent up emotion waiting for this one win.
Well all I can do is cheer them on as hard as I can Saturday and pray that all the good things this club deserves comes to past Saturday.
No more what if's, no more if only's, let those belong to the filth while we enjoy a premiership!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

More frustrated than a midget with a yo-yo.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Couldn't agree more. The must frustrating thing for me is the fact that so many other people I know have experienced the feeling of actually winning a premiership.

More than almost anything I would love to know what it feels like.

I think the closest I have ever come to experiencing it was when BJ took that mark. At that moment, I thought for sure we had it won. I was almost in tears because I felt for sure this thing I had been waiting all my life to happen had finally happened.

In spite of everything, I was actually disappointed when the siren rang. Just because I thought we were so close.

I hope we haven't blown it. :?

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I have been a saints fan since birth, I know the frustration can really get to you sometimes. I know the pain and the heart ache too.

But look at the photos of our boys from the recovery sessions, smiles and heads held high. When it looked like the pies had hit back and would win our boys didnt give up.
They looked focused and ready to go!

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Don't worry guys. We'll win and do it properly this time!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Patience. I have a feeling Saturday may well be worth the wait!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
sainterinsydney
Club Player

The draw has made this year's premiership one of the most coveted in decades. Whoever wins this year's flag will be remembered for a hundred years. How often do you have two Grand Finals in one year? Then combine that with the fact that it is Collingwood vs. St. Kilda--I don't need to explain the significance of that.

The bottom line: If we win this premiership on Saturday, it will be worth 10 normal flags. No one will ever refer to the Saints as perennial losers again.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Frustration of it

3rd generation saint wrote:You know if the ball had have bouinced up for Milney because he had Johnson beaten, goal with about 80 seconds to go.
If the ball had have stayed an extra second in Kosi's hand, mark 25-30 metres out with only 50 seconds to go.
Stop torturing yourself. We all know what happened.

It was a draw and we have to win it this Saturday.

We could have lost by a point or, worse, been smashed after being 24 points down at half time.

Let's face it. We got out of jail.

It's Collingwood who should be torturing themselves with "what might have been". They blew it!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:You know if the ball had have bouinced up for Milney because he had Johnson beaten, goal with about 80 seconds to go.

We could have lost by a point or, worse, been smashed after being 24 points down at half time.

It's Collingwood who should be torturing themselves with "what might have been". They blew it!
Exactly.

The Cloke goal at the end reminded me of the Chapman nightmare 12 months earlier. Goal Square....handball....goal....lead lost....almost full time etc

I thought/hoped we had it after the BJ mark & goal, but after they got back in front I was ecstatic to be able to walk away with our dream still alive.

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

Yerr was watching the game again and Pies had some huge what ifs moments as well. And i think Zac punched the ball and it only just went over the boundary line.. instead of going through for a behind. It is what it is

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Plenty of what ifs for both sides!! A bounce, free kick, anything... it could have gone either way! The Pies were great in the 1st half, we turned the tables on them in the 2nd half. It's undeniable that we'll have learnt more about Collingwood to shut them down further during round 2!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

True, but I think they know they had 'the run of the green' all day, lucky bounces, missed frees, low percentage shots at goal going through (yet somehow missed easy ones), plus we toasted about 5-6 shots at goal with poor forward disposal...they'd be frustrated they dodged a bullet yet didn't win. It's easy to see where we can improve, not so clear for Collingwood...I'd be interested to know where people believe they can make the difference.

I've been told we were lucky not to get rolled by 10 goals, due to the Pies bad kicking, but this seems to be the story every second time they play us. Why is that?

sainterinsydney
Club Player

I wasn't torturing myself. I'm very confident we will win. I really think Collingwood will struggle to get up again.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:I've been told we were lucky not to get rolled by 10 goals, due to the Pies bad kicking, but this seems to be the story every second time they play us. Why is that?
pressure

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
degruch wrote:I've been told we were lucky not to get rolled by 10 goals, due to the Pies bad kicking, but this seems to be the story every second time they play us. Why is that?
pressure
Rhetorical question :D We never get credit for it...always something other clubs do, but St Kilda just get lucky. How much would we have won by last year had we kicked straight...pffft. Bad kicking, bad footy.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
pressure
we rushed 7 behinds.

Granted they had far too many entries and far too many shots...

We punched and walked a lot over the line.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
pressure
we rushed 7 behinds.

Granted they had far too many entries and far too many shots...

We punched and walked a lot over the line.
So we cheated, just like Hawthorn in '08!?! :P

bigred
Saintsational Legend

If only.

If we can break even on the back of the foot skills we displayed on Saturday, then if we show up and hit some targets in GFII, then its in the bag.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Many, many of their Inside 50s were a direct result of our ordinary kick-ins.

I was tearing my hair out! We kept rushing behinds, then handing the ball straight back to them.

I'd imagine we will learn from that and have some sort of system for our kick-ins.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Many, many of their Inside 50s were a direct result of our ordinary kick-ins.

I was tearing my hair out! We kept rushing behinds, then handing the ball straight back to them.

I'd imagine we will learn from that and have some sort of system for our kick-ins.
Maybe the system was a certain number 15...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Red and Rodge, I absolutely agree. As I mentioned, I think the areas of improvement for us are clear, not so the Pies. It should make a huge difference, whether it does, we'll find out.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Red and Rodge, I absolutely agree. As I mentioned, I think the areas of improvement for us are clear, not so the Pies. It should make a huge difference, whether it does, we'll find out.
I kind of feel, that Collingwood came and did exactly what everyone (including them) thought they would.
They did to us, what they did to Geelong.

They mauled us. Didn't give us an inch.

But it wasn't enough. We didn't go away.

That's got to be a worry for them.

We also worked a few things out throughout the game. Gilbert forward on Maxwell, Kosi and Blake rucking, Ray on Swan etc. etc.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
degruch wrote:Red and Rodge, I absolutely agree. As I mentioned, I think the areas of improvement for us are clear, not so the Pies. It should make a huge difference, whether it does, we'll find out.
I kind of feel, that Collingwood came and did exactly what everyone (including them) thought they would.

We also worked a few things out throughout the game. Gilbert forward on Maxwell, Kosi and Blake rucking, Ray on Swan etc. etc.
This I like :)

Certainly given all week it was widely stated "collingwood easily"

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I kind of feel, that Collingwood came and did exactly what everyone (including them) thought they would.

Absolutely. They kicked just 2.6 in the second half to our 6.6.

If we can put on a bit more scoreboard pressure ... and maintain our defensive excellence ... Collingwood are in a lot of trouble.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

This I like :)

Certainly given all week it was widely stated "collingwood easily"
I felt exactly the same, but to be honest, were they ever going to get the same run they had against Geelong? The 'Collingwood easily' call is tainted by (a) traditional mistrust of St Kilda's ability to win, and (b) short term memory loss. The only surprise for me was that we didn't win by 4 goals...but given we had an off day up to 1/2 time, not surprising all the same.