My First Ever Bet on the Footy...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

My First Ever Bet on the Footy...

Laid some on both Hayes and Goddard to win the Norm Smith and won with Hayes :D

Laid a bit on the Saints and lost, but all in all I am in front...

This week....

I have backed the Saints to win again and found BJ to kick the first goal in the 3rd quarter @ $26 too tempting...

I have laid various bets and I am playing with the winnings, just too tempting @ $26 IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
OhMyGoddard
Club Player

If you backed the saints in a Head to Head market you should have won something.

OMG
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

OhMyGoddard wrote:If you backed the saints in a Head to Head market you should have won something.
It was head to head bet...

But I won some $ Lenny

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
OhMyGoddard
Club Player

If you had $10 @2.90 you get back 14.50. Hope you didn't chuck the ticket.

OMG
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

OhMyGoddard wrote:If you had $10 @2.90 you get back 14.50. Hope you didn't chuck the ticket.
It was on Sportsbet and my first ever bet...

did not get anything for a draw because their were odds for the draw and I believe most punters missed out...

Again my bet was for a win, but I got lucky with Lenny...

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
OhMyGoddard wrote:If you had $10 @2.90 you get back 14.50. Hope you didn't chuck the ticket.

did not get anything for a draw because their were odds for the draw and I believe most punters missed out...

So it wasn't head to head. It was margin betting.
Just hope you checked the ticket

OMG
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:

Sportsbet paid out on all head to head betting. If you had $50 on them then you got $75 back. Only reason you would not have is if you did margin betting. Id definantly be checking your records and finding out if you did H2H or margin bets.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Sportsbet paid out on all head to head betting. If you had $50 on them then you got $75 back. Only reason you would not have is if you did margin betting. Id definantly be checking your records and finding out if you did H2H or margin bets.
Thanks mate, I just checked, I had a couple of margin bets 1- 39 & 1 - 24,

but landed Lenny for the Norm Smith...

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Thanks mate, I just checked, I had a couple of margin bets 1- 39 & 1 - 24,

but landed Lenny for the Norm Smith...
good work on winning on the norm smith anyway. You going to back him for back to back Norm Smith Medals? I had few margin bets aswell and luckily had couple H2H bets that got money back.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

You've learned a valuable lesson about margin betting. It's a mug's game, which is why bookies love it and try to expand the possibilities endlessly to rope in easy money.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Have a look at the "line" bet. On Saturday the gave us 16.5 "at the line". That means you collect if we win and you collect if we loose by less that 17 points. In addition to Lenny & BJ, I'd be inclined to add Roo next week, he is a champion of the ages.