Interesting image

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Furphy
Club Player

Interesting image

On the AFL homepage there is a very telling pic taken on the full-time siren. The Collingwood players are lying on the ground looking beaten, whilst the Saints players (except Montagna) are on their feet still looking determined. Check it out;
http://www.afl.com.au/Default.aspx

saintDal
Club Player

Dal Santo is also on the ground. Thought it was pretty funny that the umpire helped him up.

sRaf
Club Player

I'm almost certain that image was taken seconds after the siren. Dal Santo is still on the ground with the ump on top of him, meaning he still had the ball with him. In that case, I think the player behind the AFL logo is probably Lenny Hayes.

saints11
Club Player

Re: Interesting image

Furphy wrote:On the AFL homepage there is a very telling pic taken on the full-time siren. The Collingwood players are lying on the ground looking beaten, whilst the Saints players (except Montagna) are on their feet still looking determined. Check it out;
They're looking more shocked than determined

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

Re: Interesting image

Furphy wrote:On the AFL homepage there is a very telling pic taken on the full-time siren. The Collingwood players are lying on the ground looking beaten, whilst the Saints players (except Montagna) are on their feet still looking determined. Check it out;
I think you are seeing what you want to see. There is really no difference at all.

OMG
supersaints
Club Player

Sam Gilbert was also lying down... (he did appear to have a cramp though).
Thought our boys looked focused and I think we are much more mentally tough than the filth. maybe all those distarctions and hurdles we faced makes the players resolve even better....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:Dal Santo is also on the ground. Thought it was pretty funny that the umpire helped him up.
Only help they gave us all day. The first quarter was insipid. No such thing as a holding the ball against Collingwood. The trend of 2010 continues. Show's how good this side is

Imagine if we actually get the rub of the green next week

Bring back the Lockett era
OhMyGoddard
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
saintDal wrote:Dal Santo is also on the ground. Thought it was pretty funny that the umpire helped him up.
Only help they gave us all day. The first quarter was insipid. No such thing as a holding the ball against Collingwood. The trend of 2010 continues. Show's how good this side is

C'mon Jonesy. Imagine if Milne's hand in the back was paid when he took that mark.
The umps could have paid 15-20 frees to either side but they let them go. Much more preferable in my opinion.

OMG
saint3d
Club Player

On the replay they showed repeatedly Lenny collapsing first to all fours, then face first into the turf. So you could read what you like into photos of that too.

Having said that, I thought a lot of leadership was shown to get everyone on to their feet shortly after. It was also good Channel 7 went to Maxwell for the first interview so Lyon and Riewoldt could gather the troops and say a few words.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

OhMyGoddard wrote:
jonesy wrote:

C'mon Jonesy. Imagine if Milne's hand in the back was paid when he took that mark.
The umps could have paid 15-20 frees to either side but they let them go. Much more preferable in my opinion.
I'd take that, and give it back by paying the blatant push in the back against Thomas to Milne, then add about 5 to Roo for high contact during a marking contest and the push in the back Kosi received about 20m from goals. Take away the silly 50m penalty against Mini and we won by about 6 goals. Imagine if our forward 50 delivery had been better...a 10 goal win!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

OhMyGoddard wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Umpiring was disgraceful in first quarter,at best

Bring back the Lockett era
OhMyGoddard
Club Player

degruch wrote:
OhMyGoddard wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Agree Roo didn't get looked after like he usually does.
The 50m against Ray was for his stupidity.

I'd take that, and give it back by paying the blatant push in the back against Thomas to Milne, then add about 5 to Roo for high contact during a marking contest and the push in the back Kosi received about 20m from goals. Take away the silly 50m penalty against Mini and we won by about 6 goals. Imagine if our forward 50 delivery had been better...a 10 goal win!

OMG
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the first quarter was not insipid.

collingwood spent all their petrol tickets in the first 45 minutes.

st kilda drip fed theirs over a 100 minutes.

both teams were dead on their feet at the end.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
sRaf
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Umpiring was disgraceful in first quarter,at best
I dunno, the quarter finished off with an even amount of free kicks to both teams. We were in situations to get more free kicks, but the ones which they didn't pay in the first quarter were the ones they let go all day.

I think it just looks bad because there were more potential free kicks than usual in that first. But to each his own I guess. I personally thought the umpires did a decent job for the most part.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

OhMyGoddard wrote:Agree Roo didn't get looked after like he usually does.
Roo didn't get the kicks he deserved...getting looked after my arse.

Ray wasn't stupid, the penalty was...should he go back in time 100 milliseconds and take back the kick off the ground? The umpires gifted a goal to the Filth, at that point I was sure the whole game was to follow.

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

degruch wrote:

Ray wasn't stupid, the penalty was...should he go back in time 100 milliseconds and take back the kick off the ground? The umpires gifted a goal to the Filth, at that point I was sure the whole game was to follow.
Ray was stupid. He must have known the free had been paid and had a brain snap.

OMG
degruch
Saintsational Legend

OhMyGoddard wrote:
degruch wrote:

Please, don't ever become an umpire.

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

degruch wrote:
OhMyGoddard wrote:
degruch wrote:

Please, don't ever become an umpire.
OK - just cause you asked.

OMG